Biggest Champions League Wins and Losses in History – 5+ Goals
Highest winning of Champions League in all history? What are the biggest win ever in an Champions League match? Who has won with the biggest margin in Champions League?
Well, we will find out soon.
Biggest wins & defeats in Champions League history
Champions League is the biggest rivalry in world football, in fact in the world of sports. The match draws over 500 million viewers around the world making one of the most watched football games in world. Apart from the World Cup final, it is the biggest game in world football.
Originally Champions League match matches which were held in the Spanish championship but nowadays it has been generalized to every single match between the two giants. The two clubs are among the richest and the most successful clubs in the world. In 2014, Forbes ranked the two the most valuable clubs in the world.
Don’t miss: watch Champions League live stream free with Unibet TV and bet365 TV. Register with Unibet and bet365 and enjoy the game!
Real Madrid and Barcelona alongside Athletic Bilbao are the only clubs to have never been relegated from La Liga. Also, have a look at the:
Biggest Champions League Wins & Losses
What is the biggest victory in Champions League? FC Barcelona have played a total of 265 matches which includes, 232 competitive matches and 33 exhibition matches. Real Madrid leads the head to head results in competitive matches with 93 wins to Barcelona’s 90 wins. Below is a summary of all competitive matches.
The biggest win in Champions League came in 1943 in the Copa Del Rey when the Los Blanco thrashed FC Barcelona 11-0 on 13 June, 1943. The second biggest win was another Real Madrid in 1935 which ended 8-2 in a La Liga fixture
Most goals scored in Champions League
Real Madrid leads the head to head results in most goals scored in Champions League with 390 goals to Barcelona’s 376 goals wins. Below is a summary of all goals made in the 231 competitive Champions League matches.
Most Wins in Champions League history – all games included
Who has the most wins in Champions League – FC Barcelona or Real Madrid? Below you can see who won the most Champions League games. 265 Champions League matches have been played (232 competitive matches and 33 exhibition matches).
The Biggest Wins and Losses in Champions League
Biggest defeat in Champions League history? Here is the list of the biggest wins and losses in Champions League (5+ Goals). Lets have a look at the biggest wins and defeat in Champions League history:
The following teams won a single match by ten goals or more in the preliminary rounds of the European Cup :
- Dinamo București beat Crusaders 11–0 in 1973–74
- Feyenoord beat KR Reykjavík 12–2 in 1969–70
- Manchester United beat Anderlecht 10–0 in 1956–57
- Ipswich Town beat Floriana 10–0 in 1962–63
- Benfica beat Stade Dudelange 10–0 in 1965–66
- Leeds United beat Lyn 10–0 in 1969–70
- Borussia Mönchengladbach beat EPA Larnaca 10–0 in 1970–71
- Ajax beat Omonia 10–0 in 1979–80
The biggest defeat in Champions League history was Dinamo București beat Crusaders with 11–0 in Champions League 1973–74 season. The 11-0 is the largets margin of a deafeat in Champions League history.
The largest margin of victory in the current Champions League format is 10–0:
- HJK Helsinki beat Bangor City in the second qualifying round in 2011–12
The largest margin of victory after the preliminary rounds in either competition is 8–0:
- Real Madrid beat Sevilla in the quarter-final in 1957–58
- Liverpool beat Beşiktaş in the group stage in 2007–08
- Real Madrid beat Malmö FF in the group stage in 2015–16
The largest margin of victory in the knockout stage in the current Champions League format is 7–0:
- Bayern Munich beat Basel in the first knockout round in 2011–12
- Bayern Munich beat Shakhtar Donetsk in the first knockout round in 2014–15
The largest margin of victory in a final is four goals:
- Real Madrid beat Eintracht Frankfurt 7–3 in 1959–60
- Bayern Munich beat Atlético Madrid 4–0 in 1973–74 (replay)
- Milan beat Steaua București 4–0 in 1988–89
- Milan beat Barcelona 4–0 in 1993–94
Biggest two leg wins in Champions League history
- Benfica holds the overall record by beating Stade Dudelange 18–0 in the preliminary round in 1965–66. They beat the Luxembourgers by 8–0 and 10–0
- As for the group stage, record belongs to Shakhtar Donetsk, who beat BATE Borisov 12–0 (7–0 away, 5–0 at home) in 2014–15. Including the preliminary rounds, HJK Helsinki holds the Champions League era record by beating Bangor City 13–0 (3–0, 10–0) in 2011–12
- Bayern Munich holds the biggest margin of overall home and away result in the Champions League era in play-off. They beat Sporting CP 12–1 (5–0, 7–1) in the round of 16 in 2008–09.
- Real Madrid holds the record for the biggest win in a quarter-final, beating Sevilla 10–2 (8–0, 2–2) in 1957–58. During the Champions League era, Bayern Munich holds the record by beating Kaiserslautern 6–0 (2–0, 4–0) in 1998–99.
- Eintracht Frankfurt holds the record for the biggest win in a semi-final, beating Rangers 12–4 (6–1, 6–3) in 1959–60. During the Champions League era, Bayern Munich holds the record by beating Barcelona 7–0 (4–0, 3–0) in 2012–13.
Champions League biggest win?
Champions League biggest win? Biggest defeat of Real Madrid against Barcelona? Real Madrid have lost on the 1 november 1913 with the score result 7-0 to rival’s FC Barcelona
Champions League biggest win?
Champions League biggest win? Biggest win of Real Madrid against Barcelona? Real Madrid has won the highest Champions League win on the 13 June 1943 with the result 11-1.
That is the highest winning of Champions League in all history. That is also the biggest Champions League win with a stunning margin of 10 goals.