Bayern would not have spent €100m on Ronaldo’ says Rummenigge

Munich CEO Rummenigge was surprised with Juventus- Ronaldo deal

Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge was surprised with the kind of money Juventus spent on Portuguese star player Cristiano Ronaldo.

He admitted that his club,Bayern Munich would have never spend so much money for the forward.

Ronaldo joined the Italian club, Juventus for a pay of €100 million (£89 million/$116 million) from Spanish side Real Madrid.

The deal was the mostly surprising to many people as Ronaldo was a part of the Spanish side for 9 long years. Ronaldo joined Real Madrid in 2009 at a world record price of £80 million (€94 million). his contract also had a buy-out clause of €1 billion. He made his debut at Santiago Bernabeu on 29th August 2009 and contributed in the match by scoring from a penalty spot thus resulted in a 3-2 win against Deportivo La Coruna. Representing Madrid his stats says why he is in demand. He has scored 450 goals from 438 matches representing the Spanish Giants across all leagues.

In talks with TZ, the Bayern Munich head said, “We at Bayern Munich would not invest so much money in a 33-year-old,”

“It’s the deal that’s received most attention so far. And I understand that. This is about a player who has won everything with Real in the past few years. He has been voted the best player in the world five times, so all in all he is a great footballer. Nevertheless, I was surprised that Andrea Agnelli finally decided to do business.”

“In Italy, Agnelli has earned great acclaim – from Juve’s point of view the transfer makes sense, after all, Italian football had recently lost some ground. With this big deal, the Italians are now hoping that they will once again come into the focus of world football,” he added.

The CEO also said that it was only possible for the German side to sign the star player in Bundesliga.

“Only Bayern could have. It’s noticeable that the top stars are not flocking to Germany in droves. And then only to Bayern.”

“We have to be careful in the Bundesliga because we’re starting to stew in a juice of satisfaction. A few years ago, we were second in the UEFA ranking, now we’re fourth. If this trend continues, we’ll lose Champions League places in the not too distant future. And then the howling will start, but the child will already be in the well.”

Bayern will commence their title defence August 24 with a home match against Hoffenheim.

Also read Lewandowski not for sale, insist Bayern Munich chief executive

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.