Club ready to battle to keep defender at the club as he eyes Chelsea move
Roberto Marinez says that Everton will reject John Stones’ transfer request on Thursday
Everton have already rejected three offers from Chelsea for the defender’s services, however the young centre-back handed in a transfer request earlier this week to try and force a move.
He did start for Everton in their Capital One Cup game on Wednesday, however the centre-back conceeded three goals during the Toffees’ 5-3 victory.
But Martinez dismissed any suggestion that Stones had been distracted by Chelsea’s continual pursuit of the defender and admitted the club were preparing to reject his request on Thursday.
“We have not rejected it yet because today was a match-day and that was our priority,” said Martinez on the transfer request. “We will reject it in the morning and get on with our business.”
By Ben Kelly – Follow me on Twitter for more articles! @benkelly_10