The Italian has been impressed with Cuadrado’s Juventus form
Chelsea could let midfielder Oscar leave Stamford Bridge for Juventus, as they look set to bring Juan Cuadrado back from Turin.
The Colombia international made just four appearances half way through Chelsea’s title-winning campaign in 2015, before being shipped out on loan to the Serie A champions during the summer.
However, with Conte having signed a three-year deal with the Blues on Monday, the Italian is keen to bring the 27-year-old back to west London, having been impressed by what he has seen of him in Italy.
Part of that deal could be to offload Oscar to Juve, as Chelsea prepare for life outside of the Champions League next season, but Cuadrado is not keen on a return to the Blues.
Content in Turin
“I am very happy at Juventus and [not thinking about Chelsea],” Cuadrado told reporters last month.
Juventus have been chasing the permanent signing on Cuadrado for a while now, although the imminent arrival of Conte, over the past couple of months, may have slowed the club’s decision on whether to let the midfielder go.
“I don’t think Conte will influence our decision – we will try to keep him here,” Juve executive Giuseppe Marotta said last month.
However, Juve may give in on keeping Cuadrado on a permanent basis if they are offered Oscar by Chelsea, who owner Roman Abramovich is keen to use in a swap deal.
Juventus currently lead Serie A by six points, with The Old Lady on course for yet another Serie A title. So Conte will have some convincing to do, to get Cuadrado back at Stamford Bridge.