Tottenham reportedly have no money to spend in January.
However, Jose Mourinho eyes a move for Gareth Bale.
Jose Mourinho seemingly has Gareth Bale in his Tottenham plans, but he will have to wait until before the start of next season. Mourinho was named Spurs head coach on Wednesday, a day after the Premier League club sacked Mauricio Pochettino.
Unsurprisingly, there is plenty of talk around his potential movements in the transfer market – including a Tottenham return for Bale. Now with Mourinho taking over at Spurs, AS reports that he is planning on taking Bale with him. The publication also says the Portuguese manager wanted to sign the Wales international from Real Madrid during his time in charge of Manchester United.
However, the 30-year-old could be offloaded at the end of this season as he remains out of favor with Zinedine Zidane, while his decision to hold up a Wales flag which included the slogan “Wales. Golf. Madrid. In that Order.” earlier this week has angered Madrid fans. Marca reports Madrid have ruled out a January exit, which would suit Mourinho, who has been told there is no money to spend in the January window, according to The Guardian.
The report also claims that the Portuguese boss remains a huge admirer of Bale and even told Madrid’s hierarchy earlier this season that he believes the forward still has more to offer and could be a key player for the team. Bale’s entourage have also reportedly ruled out the prospect of Bale leaving in the upcoming January transfer window. The Spanish side are open to offers for Bale after they blocked his move to the Chinese Super League in the summer.