Pochettino reveals that Spurs are working on ‘some options’
Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has revealed that the club is working on some options in the remaining days of this month’s transfer window.
Earlier this month, the Argentine was not confident about the arrival of any new player to the squad. Host of injuries have trimmed his resources, especially in midfield and attack. Harry Kane and Dele Alli will return in March, while Heung-Min Son is currently playing for his country in the Asian Cup.
Though the South Korean would be back earlier than expected as his nation were knocked out of the competition on Friday afternoon.
However, Pochettino looked more optimistic while speaking to the media ahead of Spurs’ FA Cup tie at Crystal Palace.
When asked about the possibility of getting a new player before the deadline next Thursday, he said: “Always, we’ll see. Still six days. We are working. (We have) a few options.
Pochettino is looking at options both from England and overseas. Though, he will exercise caution and not want a repeat of the situation when Juan Foyth had to be omitted from the Champions League squad before Christmas as they weren’t enough homegrown players on the list.
The Argentine said: “Now we have maybe one space because Mousa Dembele has gone.
“But we need to be careful because for the Champions League I think we are not going to….if it’s a player that is not an English player we don’t have the space, because it was Juan Foyth (that missed out) and that is so important to be careful about the decision.
“But we are always hoping to try to add quality and try to improve the squad.”
Spurs play Crystal Palace in the FA Cup fourth round tie on Sunday, before welcoming Watford in the league on Wednesday.