Real Madrid star to miss international matches with calf injury
Zinedine Zidane’s injury crisis goes from bad to worse, as it was revealed that Gareth Bale will miss up to 3 weeks with a calf injury on Tuesday morning.
The Real Madrid star missed Sunday night’s 2-0 win over Espanyol at the Bernabeu. Bale has also had to pull out of Wales’ upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Georgia and Republic of Ireland.
Los Blancos are already without Karim Benzema, Marcelo, Dani Carvajal, Mateo Kovacic and Theo Hernandez due to injury. The Welshman’s injury comes at the worst time for the 12 time Champions League winners.
After taking a lot of criticism early in the season, Bale had found some form with important goals away at Real Sociedad and Borussia Dortmund, but now faces yet another spell on the sidelines. This is his fifth injury in 2017 alone.
Zinedine Zidane has been stretched for resources all season. With Champions League and Copa del Rey matches to come this month, he may not be able to utilise his squad as much as he would’ve liked due to all the injuries.
Madrid currently sit seven points behind Barcelona at the top of La Liga, and will need their full strength XI back soon if they are to catch their fierce rivals. The next Clasico is scheduled for December 23rd.
Read more about Real Madrid and La Liga
- Real Madrid Salaries 2017
- Barcelona Salaries 2017
- Atletico Madrid Salaries 2017
- Sevilla Salaries 2017
- Real Madrid Transfers & New Player Signings 2017
- Barcelona Transfers & New Player Signings 2017
- Atletico Madrid Squad, Team, All Players 2017/2018
- Real Madrid Live Stream Online
- Barcelona Live Stream Online
- Highest Paid Footballers In Spain 2017
- Top 10 Highest Paid FC Barcelona Player