Gareth Bale’s agent has made claims that are in direct contradiction to Zinedine Zidane’s words as the Real Madrid manager.
The Galacticos lost yet again this season, 1-0 to Rayo Vallecano on Sunday. Bale was amongst the poorest performers on the pitch and Zidane did dish out some harsh words after the game.
The Frenchman said, “I do not know if he [Bale] is focused on Madrid.”
In recent months, there have been plenty of reports linking the 29-year-old with a move away from the Santiago Bernabeu. Last week, Zidane warned Real stars who are unhappy with their playing time should ‘go elsewhere and get more minutes’.
He said, “If they’re under contract, they can stay here, even if they know that they’re not going to get game time.
“However, I think that all of them are looking to play. If I was asked the question, I’d want to go elsewhere and get more minutes.
“With 22 or 23 players in the squad, the reality in football is that there will be players who will end up getting less game time. But if there’s no space for a given player, it’s better for them to go and play.”
Bale did not travel with the rest of the team after the defeat to Vallecano. He took a private car to the airport and then boarded the flight back to the Spanish capital.
His agent Jonathan Barnett told BBC Wales Sport, “Gareth is 100% committed to Real Madrid.” “Nothing has changed,” he added when asked if Bale intended to see out the remainder of his contract.
See Also: Real Madrid Have Rejected €180m Offer For Liverpool Target