Liverpool star turns down Paris Saint-Germain move
Liverpool star Philippe Coutinho has turned down Paris Saint-Germain in favour of a January move to Barcelona, according to sources in Brazil.
The 25 year-old is determined to secure a move to the Camp Nou after a summer move fell through, and has rejected PSG’s millions for a second time in favour of the Catalan giants.
Coutinho has made it clear that he wants to leave Liverpool but the reds are very reluctant to sell. Now though, there are reports that they will accept a fee in the region of £134million for their wantaway star.
This doesn’t seem to have deterred Barca though, who according to Sky Sports’ Guillem Balague are preparing another £71 bid for the Brazilian in the winter window.
At PSG, Coutinho could re-unite with childhood best friend Neymar in attack, but he doesn’t seem interested in playing in Ligue 1.
He has played in La Liga before for Barca’s city rivals Espanyol, shining during a 6 month loan spell from Inter Milan back in 2011/12. He scored 5 goals in 16 games at the Cornella El-Prat.
A year later he joined Liverpool and has gone from strength to strength, but despite establishing himself as a world star he has yet to win anything for the Reds and will have to move on if he wants silverware.
This season he has suffered from various injury problems, but is expected to return today as Jurgen Klopp’s men take on West Ham in the Premier League.
Read more about Liverpool and Premier League
- Liverpool Player Salaries 2017
- Liverpool FC Squad 2017/18
- Liverpool Player Transfers List 2017
- Premier League Transfers 2017
- Quickest Players In The Premier League Right Now
- Premier League Team of the season 2016/17
- Lowest Paid Footballers In The Premier League 2017
- All-Time Premier League Table
- Muslim Football Players in Premier League 2017
- Premier League Wages Per Team 2017
Read more about Liverpool at liverpoolfc.com.