The goalkeeper will stay at Old Trafford for the 2015/16 season
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has said that he will not be bidding for David de Gea in January.
A proposed deal for the Manchester United goalkeeper fell through on transfer deadline day, with Real missing out on signing de Gea by minutes.
The two clubs had agreed a transfer fee, with Los Blancos ‘keeper Keylor Navas moving to Old Trafford.
But the paperwork was not completed on time, and the proposed deal was not allowed to go through by La Liga.
Both blamed each other for the collapse of the deal, meaning that de Gea is set to see out the final year of his contract, before moving to the Bernabeu next summer, potentially on a free.
Perez has previously criticised United’s ‘lack of experience’ in negotiating big deals
The Madrid president revealed on Thursday that his club will not be making a move in January for the Spain international.
“We will certainly not sign De Gea in January,” he told radio station Cadena COPE.
“Madrid did its job as best it could. We did not get there on time because Manchester does not have the necessary experience to tackle these things on the last day, as happened with (Fabio) Coentrao.”
Perez references United’s failed last minute attempt to sign Coentrao on summer deadline day 2013, with the deal reportedly collapsing again because of late paperwork.