United closing in on Alcantara
- The 22-year-old recently made it known to the Spanish giants that he is looking to leave in the order to play more first-team football
- Barcelona have attempted to convince him that Barcelona is a much better team and he has a bigger future at Camp Nou but have been unable to stop the player from considering his options.
- SportsDirect News understands that David Moyes is urging his club to make a bid for the 22-year-old as soon as possible as he wants his full squad ready for the game against AIK, 6 august.
- Defending Premier League champions Manchester United are willing to strain their wage budget to bring the Spaniard to Old Trafford.
- According to Catalan Daily Sport, Manchester United are willing to offer Thiago a lucrative salary worth €4.4m per year. Added to this is the fact that the Red Devlis are primed and ready to trigger Thiago’s release clause, which is believed to be in the region of €18m.
- Thiago, who is captain for the Under 21’s, was recently in action at the European Championships in Israel and led his team to a 4-2 victory against Italy in the final, scoring three of their goals himself.
- Jacob Hallsten