Richest football club owners in the World – who is the richest football club onwner in the World? Top 10 richest English Premier League Club owners 2023!
Richest Football Club owners in the World? Who’s the richest football club owners in the World and in England? Football these days, many would argue, has become much more about money than the actual game itself. Watch & Bet on Football Live =>
As sad as this is, there are some benefits. A lot of rich clubs facilities these days can improve players and help improve the quality of football we pay money to see.
Premier League is probably the most affluent and the richest football league in the world. The Premier League attracts investments from billionaires across the world.
Top 20 richest football club owners in the World 2023
But which clubs in the world have the richest owners? Well, thanks to Forbes, now we know! Here are the 20 richest club owners in world football. Lets see who the most loaded guy in the World of football.
Since Russian entrepreneur Roman Abramovich’s takeover of Chelsea from Ken Bates in 2003, the Premier League has become attractive for some of the world’s wealthy investors.
Let’s take a look at the top richest football club owners in the World. So, here’s a rundown of the top richest English Premier League club owners and the richest football club owners in the World of 2023. Watch & Bet on Football Live =>
19. Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha & family are amoung the richest football club owners in the World – Leicester City – £2.9 Billion
|Age: 35||Nationality: Thai|
In our list of top 10 richest English Premier League club owners of 2021, the first name is Leicester City owner, Srivaddhanaprabha.
Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha took over as the CEO of King Power and the owner of Premier League club Leicester City after his father’s tragic death in a helicopter crash in October 2018. He is also the chairman of Belgian club OH Leuven
King Power is the largest duty-free retailer in Thailand. It has outlets at nine Thai airports and stores in major tourist venues.
18. Joshua Harris is one of the richest football club owners in the World – Crystal Palace – Net Worth: £3.36 Billion
|Age: 54||Nationality: American|
One of the richest English Premier League club owners, Joshua Harris is an American private equity investor who co-founded Apollo Global Management, one of the largest alternative investive firms. He owns an 18% stake in Crystal Palace, the same amount as both David Blitzer and Steve Parish.
He also owns shares in the Philadelphia 76ers and the New Jersey Devils.
17. Glazer Family is one of the richest football club owners in the World – Manchester United – Net Worth: £3.5 Billion
|Age: 85||Nationality: American|
Where do all-time highest Premier League winners owners stand in the top 10 richest English Premier League club owners?
Malcom Glazer masterminded the $1.47 billion takeovers of Manchester United in 2005 using the money he earned in real estate, banking and healthcare to gradually buy out United shareholders. He was also the president and chief executive officer of First Allied Corporation.
Some Manchester United fans opposed Glazer’s takeover of the club, particularly once they realised the level of debt that the club would have to take on after having been debt-free for so many years.
16. Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy are two of the richest football club owners in the World – Tottenham – Net Worth: £3.6 Billion
|Age: 83 & 58||Nationality: British|
Tottenham Hotspur is owned by British businessmen Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy.
Lewis is the head of ENIC International and the Tavistock Group, which has a diverse investment portfolio, ranging from oil, gas and energy to agriculture and logistics. Levy, meanwhile, is part-owner of ENIC International and has been involved with various football investments.
Joel Lewis accumulated his initial wealth from the hospitality industry in the late 1970s and early 1980s and made a fortune on the foreign exchange market alongside George Soros.
15. Todd Boehly is one of the richest football club owners in the World – Chelsea – Net Worth: £4.34 Billion
|Age: 49||Nationality: American|
American investor and industrialist Todd Boehly. Eldridge Industries, a holding company with its headquarters in Greenwich, Connecticut, is a business he co-founded and for which he serves as chairman, chief executive officer, and controlling member. He serves as the Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s interim CEO in addition to being a co-owner and chairman of Premier League football team Chelsea.
Final “terms have been agreed” for a new ownership group headed by Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital were announced by the club on May 7. On May 30, it was officially announced that a group headed by Boehly and Clearlake Capital had successfully bought the club. Also included in the group are Wyss and Mark Walter. The Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Lakers, and Los Angeles Sparks are also owned by Walter and Boehly. The Premier League, the Governments of the United Kingdom and Portugal, and other authorities had granted the deal all required approvals.
14. Guo Guangchang is one of the richest football club owners in the World – Wolves – Net Worth: £4.5 Billion
|Age: 53||Nationality: Chinese|
The Chinese billionaire is the chairman and co-founder of Fosun International Limited and is currently the 50th richest person in China with a net worth of $6.5 billion.In July 2016, Guo purchased Wolverhampton Wanderers for a reported £45 million from previous owner Steve Morgan.
He is well-known for donating millions to charity and often describes himself as the “Chinese Warren Buffet.”
13. Nassef Sawiris is one of the richest football club owners in the World – Aston Villa – Net Worth: £5.3 Billion
|Age: 59||Nationality: Egyptian|
Egyptian businessman Naseef Sawiris is the fourth richest African in the world according to Forbes. He assumed the position of CEO at his father’s construction company, Orascom Construction, in 1998.
Sawiris became involved in the running of Aston Villa in 2018, taking over from Tony Xia as the chairman of Aston Villa FC.
12. Stan Kroenke is one of the richest football club owners in the World – Arsenal – Net Worth: £6.35 Billion
|Age: 73||Nationality: American|
American billionaire Stan Kroenke owns and operates Arsenal through his Kroenke Sports and Entertainment company. He also owns MLS side Colorado Rapids, the Los Angeles Rams in NFL, the Denver Nuggets in the NBA and the Colorado Avalanche in NHL.
His income from various sports ventures allowed him to buy out fellow Arsenal owner Alisher Usmanov in 2018.
11. John Fredriksen is the richest football club owner in Denmark – Worth $9.9billion – Owner of Valerenga IF
Fredriksen amassed his wealth in the 80’s, making huge profits on oil during the Iran-Iraq wars. He is the majority shareholder of Norwegian side Valerenga IF.
10. Philip Anschutz is one of the richest soccer clubs owner in the World – Worth £12.5billion – Owner of LA Galaxy
The American entrepreneur made his money after his company invested in land and struck oil. He became one of the co-founders of the MLS and owns LA Galaxy, a franchise that has had players such as Steven Gerrard and David Beckham wear the shirt in the later years of their career.
9. Dietrich Mateschitz is one of the richest soccer clubs owner in the World – Worth $13.4billion – Owner of NY Red Bulls, RB Leipzig and RB Salzburg
Businessman Mateschitz co-founded Red Bull and holds 49% of the company shares. He gets heavily involved with the company’s football team and Formula 1 team, he is pictured above with F1 driver Daniel Ricciardo.
8. Alisher Usmanov is one of the richest football clubs owner in the World – Worth $15.2billion – Owner of Arsenal
Russian magnate Alisher Usmanov became rich through mining/metal operations and investments. He owns 30% of Arsenal and is worth £6billion more than Chelsea owner Roman Abramovic.
7. Lakshmi Mittal is one of the richest football clubs owner in England – Worth $16.4billion – Owner of Queens Park Rangers
Indian magnate Mittal is the CEO of the world’s largest steelmaking company ArcelorMittal. He owns an 11% stake in QPR.
6. Paul Allen is second richest football club owner in USA – Worth $19.9billion – Owner of Seattle Sounders
Paul Allen co-founded Microsoft with Bill Gates and now owns both Seattle Sounders and NFL franchise Seattle Seahawks.
5. Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan is second richest football club owner in England – Manchester City – Net Worth: £22.9 Billion
|Age: 49||Nationality: Emirates|
Mansour is a member of the ruling family in the UAE, his net worth is not on Forbes, but estimated at around $20billion.
Sheikh Monsour remained at the top in the list of top 10 richest English Premier League club owners before Newcastle’s new ownership.
Sheikh Monsour’s Abu Dhabi United Group are blessed with the financial power of the Abu Dhabi family. Since he took over the club in 2008, Monsour pumped millions into the club in pursuit of Premier League glory.
The 49-year old amassed his wealth through the oil industry and he is the deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emirates. He owns stakes in Virgin Galactic and Sky News Arabia and is the owner of other football clubs across the world such as Melbourne City and New York City.
4. George Soros is one of the richest football clubs owner in the World – Worth $25.2billion – Owner of Manchester United
Hungarian/American investor Soros is one of the most successful in the world and despite only having a 1.9% stake in Manchester United, owns enough to make this list.
3. Carlos Slim is the third richest football club owner in the World – Worth $54.5billion – Owner of Pachuca, Lyon and Real Oviedo
Mexican business man Carlos Slim earned his fortunes through his stakes in companies through his conglomerate, Grupo Carso. He owns Real Oviedo and co-owns Pachuca and Lyon.
2. Amancio Ortega is the second richest football club owner in the World – Worth $71.3billion – Owner Deportivo La Coruna
Spanish business tycoon is the founder of Inditex Fashion Group, best known for owning the high street store ‘Zara’. He once delayed his daughters $1billion wedding, just to watch Deportivo vs Barcelona B.
1. Mohammad Bin Salman is the richest football club owner in the World – Newcastle United – Net Worth: £320 Billion
|Age: 36||Nationality: Saudi Arabia|
Who’s the richest English Premier League club owner? Mohammad Bin Salman is the richest English Premier League club owner after taking ownership of Newcastle United. It might change the future of the club. He is also the richest football club owner in the World.
Newcastle United become the richest club in English Premier League. The new ownership helped Magpies to outclass Man City from the top spot. The £300m deal allowed the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund to take the top position. The estimated worth of Newcastle is around £320BN.
The consortium is backed by the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammad Bin Salman who is the country’s second most important person after the King. He serves as the country’s Minister of Defence and deputy prime minister and has a reported personal wealth in excess of £2.5billion.
- Richest Football Club in the World
- Top 10 Richest Football Clubs In The World
- Most Valuable Football Clubs in the World
Table of Contents