The Italian has given the Nigerian his break at Stamford Bridge this season
Antonio Conte has hailed wing-back Victor Moses as the “complete player” at Chelsea after the 26-year-old made a surprise impact at Stamford Bridge this campaign.
The Italian has, to Blues fans’ surprise, given the former Crystal Palace winger his big break at the club this season, having previously been shipped out on loan to Liverpool, Stoke and West Ham since joining the club in 2012.
But instead of following suit of previous Chelsea managers, Conte showed his faith in the Nigeria international during the summer and told the 26-year-old he would be staying put.
And Moses has repaid Conte’s faith by producing some brilliant performances from his new-found wing-back position since the Blues boss changed to a 3-4-3 formation in the early part of the season.
“I realised quickly that Victor could stay with us.” said Conte.
“I remember during pre-season, when we stayed in America, I spoke with him and told him, ‘Victor, you will stay with us.’
“I’m happy to have this type of player. But I saw his potential quickly. I knew of him but to see him live is very important to judge a player.
“Victor was very, very happy when he listened to my words. He told me, ‘I’m ready to stay here and fight for you, for the club’.”
Moses has helped Chelsea charge towards a sixth top division title, following their disastrous title defence last campaign, with the Blues currently seven points ahead of second-placed Tottenham, before their Monday night game at West Ham.