A Spanish judge Wednesday agreed to hear a case lodged against Barcelona president Sandro Rosell over the signing of Brazillian striker Neymar.
Judge Pablo Ruz of the National court in Madrid issued a ruling accepting the case but adding that there was no “urgency or necessity” to hear Rosell’s testimony at this stage.
A member of the fan-owned club, Jordi Cases, lodged a complaint last month against Rosell alleging misappropriation because members do not know the “real destination” of 40 million euros ($54 million) supposedly paid to Neymar family business N&N.
The contents of the complaint and documents received from Barcelona football club provided “sufficient elements” for the case to proceed, the judge said.
He ordered a commission of inquiry to travel to Brazil to obtain a copy of the 21-year-old Neymar’s contract with former club Santos.
The judge instructed Neymar to submit a contract he had signed with N&N ceding future financial rights.
However, he said there was no “urgency or neccesity” to hear Rosell’s testimony until the preliminary inquiry was more advanced.
Written by George Coomber