Home La Liga Atletico Madrid No more arrivals at Chelsea, claims Mourinho

No more arrivals at Chelsea, claims Mourinho

0
0

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has said that he believes Chelsea’s summer spending is over, having already added four players to his squad this summer.

Making the switch to West London has been left-back Filipe Luis from Atletico Madrid, after Chelsea activated his £19 million release clause.

Two other signings from Spain came in the form of fellow Atletico team mate Diego Costa, and Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas. Also arriving was 19 year-old Croatian wonderkid Mario Pasilic.

Thibaut Courtois will also be like a new signing for the Blues, having returned after a three season loan deal with La Liga winners Atletico to compete for the No.1 jersey with Petr Cech. Finally, Romelu Lukaku is back in the Chelsea squad, so Mourinho has upto seven new players in his squad.

Mourinho says this brings an end to the arrivals at Stamford Bridge this summer; “We finished the market today.”

“The transfer market closes 31 August and we close on July 19.”

“My club did a fantastic job, not just because of what we bought, but because we did it in almost record time.” 

Mourinho felt the need to strengthen having lost Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole and Demba Ba this summer. Chelsea had been strongly linked with midfielder Sami Khedira, but with Mourinho’s comments it now seems a bid for the German midfielder is now extremely unlikely.

Matthew Derrig

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.