Advertisement

Chelsea star locked in legal dispute with the Blues!

Costa and Chelsea are apparently locked in a legal battle

Antonio Conte informed Costa he will not be part of his plans for this new season earlier in the summer.

Conte sent the striker a message by text to confirm his positio, however, the Italian claims the striker has been aware of the situation since January.

And Costa wants to seal a return to Spain despite seemingly being interested in a move to China in January.

WATCH AND BET ON FOOTBALL LIVE HERE =>

But his future is still in limbo with Atletico banned from signing players until January after the transfer embargo was upheld.

The Press Association are reporting that a legal dispute is ongoing and that is the sole reason Conte and the club are not discussing the striker in public.

Conte was questioned about the situation on Friday and said there was “no news” and responded “I don’t know” when asked when the striker might return to London.

A Chelsea spokesman intervened, saying: “Nothing to report on that.”

Last week Chelsea dismissed claims by a lawyer said to be representing Costa that Conte was forcing out last season’s top scorer as “nonsense”.

But he will not be in the line-up for today’s Premier League opener against Burnley after also missing the Community Shield last Sunday.

See Also

Conte hails Chelsea star after win over Arsenal

Update: Costa to be sent to Milan for six months

New Chelsea signing Alvaro Morata hopes this happens