Home Football Chelsea keep double hopes ALIVE.

Chelsea keep double hopes ALIVE.


Chelsea kept hopes of an FA Cup and Premier League double alive after beating Wolves 2-0.

Chelsea managed to advance to the FA Cup Quarter-Final’s relatively unscathed against a very energetic Wolves side, keeping a clean sheet and scoring two.

Chelsea were far from at their best, and at many times failed to impress during the game against a Wolves side that certainly made themselves proud.

Chelsea could become the first team to do the league-and-cup double since they themselves achieved it in 2010, and thereby only the second club in history to achieve it at least twice after Manchester United and Arsenal.

With Antonio Conte only in his first season as Chelsea boss, this could prove to be terrific introduction to English football for the Italian.

Chelsea kept 65% possession of the ball, leaving Wolves with 35%, with the Blues also registering more shots on goal with 13 compared to 8.

While the result is no surprise, Chelsea did not walk this game — Wolves managed to hold their own against Premier League opposition.

Early on, former Chelsea youth player George Saville had the chance to fire home from 12 yards — but instead thumped the shot against the woodwork and watched his team-mate Weimann put the resulting rebound over.

This summed up Wolves’ night, a lot of hardwork to be proud of but ultimately just falling short.

Wolves held out until the 65th minute, with Spanish international Pedro finding the net to ease the heart and worry of travelling Chelsea fans.

Diego Costa found his shooting boots at the 89th minute mark, securing Chelsea moved on in the competition.

It was however an out-of-sorts Chelsea, who have seen their form dip a slight recently, but despite this dip in form they are not LOSING games, and continue to power ahead of the competition.

Ultimately, the result did not reflect well on Wolves, and it could be argued that they deserved a little more, but two lapses in concentration at the back resulted in a 2-0 victory for Chelsea, as they continue their quest to complete the league and cup double, and they certainly look capable of achieving it.

Previous article“I have no complaints.” – Pep Guardiola
Next article“I don’t mind Chelsea beat us!” – Paul Lambert


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here