Former Manchester United star sent off for kicking fan (VIDEO)
Vitoria Guimaraes 1-0 Marseille Evra red card highlight? Where can I watch Vitoria Guimaraes 1-0 Marseille Evra red card? It’s 1-0 in the Europa League – watch Evra’s controversial red card before the match in Portugal here.
Former Manchester United star was sent off in surreal circumstances before Marseille’s 1-0 Europa League defeat to Vitoria Guimaraes on Sunday, seeing red for a crazy kung fu kick on one of his own team’s fans before the match.
The incident brought back memories of fellow ex-United and France star Eric Cantona, who was banned for nine months back in 1995 for a similar kick on a Crystal Palace fan.
See Evra’s controversial red card in the video below:
And he’s off! Evra sent off for kung fu kick in Marseille loss (VIDEO)
Vitoria Guimaraes 1-0 Marseille Evra red card highlight? Where can I watch Vitoria Guimaraes 1-0 Marseille Evra Goal? It’s 1-0 in the Europa League – watch Evra’s controversial red card before the match in Portugal here.
Evra is clearly seen in the video kicking a Marseille fan in the face. It all took place before the match after trouble unfolded in the warm-up, with the 36 year-old having to be restrained by teammates.
It’s unclear what exactly sparked the incident, although there are unconfirmed rumours that it was due to racism. According to the paper, the fans jeered: “Get out of Marseille, you’re bad,” and “Go back to your videos”.
UEFA are expected to launch an investigation in the coming days.
Read more about Manchester United and the Premier League
- Manchester United Player Salaries 2017
- Premier League Transfers 2017
- Chelsea Player Transfers List 2017
- Liverpool Player Transfers List 2017
- Manchester United Player Transfers List 2017
- The 10 Quickest Players In The Premier League Right Now
- Top 10 Lowest Paid Footballers In The Premier League 2017
- All-Time Premier League Table
- Muslim Football Players in Premier League 2017
- Premier League Wages Per Team 2017
Read more about Europa League at uefa.com.