Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has finally joined up with the first-team players at the club during training after apologising to both the players and the manager, Brendan Rodgers.
The Uruguayan had been frozen out at the club and forced to train alone away from the first-team by Rodgers so that he didn’t have any contact with the players and didn’t effect their morale ahead of the new season, which gets underway on Saturday as Liverpool host Stoke City on Saturday.
Although he has apologised and started training with the first-team, it is expected that the striker still wants to leave Anfield this summer and a move to Arsenal could still be on the cards if The Gunners meet their valuation of the 26-year-old.
Suarez will not feature for Liverpool in the near future because of his ban, which sees him miss six games still, for biting Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic at the end of last season.
A Sky Sports News reporter has been at Liverpool’s training ground today and has revealed that the striker has apologised.
Vinny O’Connor said: “Luis Suarez has apologised to (manager) Brandan Rodgers and apologised to his team-mates over his general conduct.
“He has started his re-integration into the Liverpool first team and trained with them on Friday.
“Over a week ago, Brendan Rodgers said he would need an apology from Luis Suarez, as would the fans and his team-mates, after the apparent attempt by the player to force a move away from Anfield. It appears that the apology has come.
“Good news, in many ways, for Liverpool Football Club. It looks like things are beginning to settle down and Suarez is ready to fight for his first-team place.”
Written by Alex Batt – @AlexBatt