Florian Marange has revealed he will begin showdown talks with the club after he was left out of the 25 man Premier League squad.
Marange joined Crystal Palace from French outfit Bordeaux on a free transfer during this summer transfer window. He was however omitted from Ian Holloway’s Premier League squad after Palace ended up signing 16 players during the window.
The defender only made one appearance for the club in their 2-1 defeat to League One side Bristol City in the Capital One Cup last month. The 27 year old is shocked by the way he has been treated since joining Palace.
“I am disgusted,” Marange told L’Equipe. “If I knew that rule (Premier League list), I would have asked to add a clause on my contract.”
“But my adviser didn’t tell me. And now people almost tell me it is my fault.”
“I played in the Cup against Bristol City. We lost but I made no fault on the two goals conceded. I only did seven or eight training sessions.”
“How could you judge a player in 10 days?”
“I was not presented to the press. I never had any official photo and I am still waiting for my club suit. I stayed for a fortnight in a hotel before settling in a house and the officials told it was up to me to pay the bill.”
“This is a big mess.”
“It is a real hassle. I have a good contract, I am earning a bit more than in Bordeaux, but living in London is 10 times more expensive. And I came to play.”
Marange plans to meet Steve Parish the Crystal Palace chairman on Wednesday.
“Either I cancel my contract or I am waiting for the winter transfer market to find a new club,” added Marange.
James Moss – @JMoss_13