Liverpool and Manchester City target won’t be forced to stay
West Bromwich Albion manager Tony Pulis has confirmed that the club will not stand in the way of Saido Berahino if an offer comes in for the striker.
The England youngster has been in superb form for The Baggies this season and has caught interest from both Manchester City and Liverpool.
Berahino has netted 20 goals in all competitions so far this season and after scoring a brace against Chelsea on Monday night, interest in the 21-year-old is high.
Both City and Liverpool are keen on signing the striker, and when asked about his future, Pulis confirmed that if the right offer comes in, the club won’t stand in his way if he wants to leave.
Pulis Confirms Sale
Pulis said: “The most important thing for Saido as I said when I first walked through the door of the football club was to concentrate on his football.
“If he plays well then hopefully for him and for everyone else a top four club might come in.
“West Bromwich Albion will not stop him as long as the deal is right for the football club we will not stop him joining a top four club.
“We hope and pray that he stays with us because he’s got a lot more to come and we don’t think he is at the end of his development.
“If a top four club comes in and the clubs agree a fee then fine, it’s all done, people can shake hands and say what a great job he has done for the football club.
“Not only has he been here since he was a young lad and we have looked after him, but the club have made money on him and we have to re-invest in other people – that’s a fact of life.”
West Brom rate Berahino around £20million.
Written by Alex Batt – @AlexBatt – @AlexsArticles