Atletico Madrid Squad 2017/2018 – First Team 2017/18
Atletico Madrid squad. Here is the Atletico Madrid FC Squad 2017/18.
Atletico Madrid FC new player in and out 2017-18. Here is the Atletico Madrid Squad 2017-18. The rojiblancos had a transfer ban during the summer, although there were still some additions to the squad such as Luciano Vietto, who returned from a loan spell at Sevilla.
The rojiblancos also secured the signings of Vitolo and long-term target Diego Costa, although neither of them can play until January 1st. Antoine Griezmann opted to stay at the club during the summer despite strong interest from Manchester United and a host of other top European clubs.
Atleti enjoyed a good season in 2016/17, finishing comfortably in third place in La Liga and reaching the semi-finals of the Copa del Rey and Champions League. However, it is the third season in a row in which they have failed to win a major trophy, something that manager Diego Simeone will want to put right soon.
The Argentine recently signed a new contract up until 2020. This provides a huge boost to Atletico Madrid going into a new season, and with their new Wanda Metropolitano stadium and Costa and Vitolo coming in, they will feel that they can push on this season and challenge for the big honours.
Atletico Madrid Squad 2017/2018
How does the Atletico Madrid first team for 2017/18 season looks like? The Atletico Madrid squad 2017/18 season will consist of these players.
Atletico Madrid Goalkeepers
- Jan Oblak
- Miguel Moya
- Axel Werner
Atletico have one of the world’s best goalkeepers in Jan Oblak. The 24 year-old doesn’t seem to have a weakness, building a reputation for his calm persona between the sticks and great shot stopping. He has won the Zamora award for the least goals conceded in La Liga the last two years running. Recently he has also become an expert penalty saver, with a 60% save rate for the rojiblancos (excluding penalty shoot-outs).
Back-up ‘keeper Miguel Angel Moya is a veteran of Spanish football and a solid deputy, having filled in for a few month’s last season when Oblak was injured. Third choice Axel Werner is a new addition, the former Boca Juniors man listed as one for the future at just 21 years of age.
Atletico Madrid Defenders
- Diego Godin
- Filipe Luis
- Stefan Savic
- Sime Vrsaljko
- Lucas Hernandez
- Jose Gimenez
- Sergi Gonzalez
Atletico Madrid have one of the best defences in world football. Under Simeone, the rojiblancos are renowned for their defensive strength. They have four centre-backs of the highest quality, including former Manchester City player Stefan Savic and youngsters Jose Gimenez and Lucas Hernandez.
However, the real leader of the backline is Diego Godin. The Uruguayan stalwart has been a key part of Simeone’s success. At 31, he still has a few more years left at the top level before some of the young talent inevitably takes over. They also have quality at full-back, although Filipe Luis and Juanfran are both ageing so this could be an area that Atletico look to strengthen in the future.
Atletico Madrid Midfielders
- Thomas Partey
- Saul Niguez
- Augusto Fernandez
- Nico Gaitan
- Keidi Bare
Atletico Madrid’s midfield has barely changed since Simeone came in 6 seasons ago. For so many years, captain Gabi has been their most influential player although it looks as if he may take more of a backseat role this season, with Thomas Partey a first choice in recent matches.
In Koke and Saul, the red and whites have two players who will go on to be influential for both club and country. Both were tied down to long term contracts during the summer. Atleti also welcome back Augusto Fernandez after a knee injury kept him out for almost all of 2016/17.
Atletico Madrid Forwards
- Antoine Griezmann
- Fernando Torres
- Yannick Carrasco
- Angel Correa
- Luciano Vietto
- Kevin Gameiro
- Diego Costa*
* Can’t play until January 2018
These are the strikers in the Atletico Madrid squad. Even though in Antoine Griezmann they have one of the continent’s most sought after players, attack is where Atletico seem to have the most problems at the moment. Simeone lacks a true number nine, with neither Kevin Gameiro, Luciano Vietto or Fernando Torres cutting it in the early stages of the season.
Angel Correa has started 2017/18 in stunning form, but like Griezmann he is more of a second striker. However, it was recently confirmed that Diego Costa will join and be able to play from January 1st, which should solve the problem given his influence in his last spell at the club. Vitolo will also join in the new year following a loan spell at Las Palmas.
Read more at http://www.atleticodemadrid.com
European Transfer list 2017-2018
See also see the:
Football Salaries, Wage Bills and Highest Paid Football Players 2017
We all know that Footballers With Highest Salaries includes several players from leagues outside Europe. So first and foremost let’s start with some salary lists outside Europe before we jump on the European lists. Have a look at these articles:
England and Premier League transfers and salaries:
- Premier League Player Salaries 2018
- Premier League Club’s Salaries 2017-18
- Highest Paid Player in the Premier League
- Premier League Wages Per Team 2018
- Premier League Club Wage Bills 2017/18
- AFC Bournemouth Player Salaries 2018
- Stoke City FC Players Salaries 2018
- Aston Villa Players Salaries 2018
- Stoke City FC Players Salaries 2018
- Chelsea Players Weekly Salary 2018
- Crystal Palace Weekly Salaries 2018
- Hull City FC Players Salaries 2018
- Liverpool Players Salaries 2018
- Stoke City Players Salaries 2018
- Manchester City Players Salaries 2018
- Manchester United Player Wages 2018
- Middlesbrough Players Salaries 2018
- Newcastle United Player Wages 2018
- Southampton Player Wages 2018
- Stoke City Player Wages 2018
- Sunderland Player Wages 2018
- Stoke City FC Player Wages 2018
- Tottenham Hotspur Player Salaries 2018
- Watford FC Player Salaries 2018
- West Brom Player Salaries 2018
- West Ham United Player Salaries 2018
La Liga teams:
- Atletico Madrid Players Salaries 2018
- FC Barcelona Players Salaries 2018
- Real Madrid Player Salaries 2018
- Sevilla Players Salaries 2018
Serie A teams:
Ligue 1 teams:
- Borussia Dortmund Players Salaries 2018
- FC Bayern Munich Players Salaries 2018
- FC Schalke Players Salaries 2018
- Wolfsburg Players Salaries 2018
- Highest paid player in Germany
Spain and La Liga transfers and salaries:
- Highest Paid Footballers In Spain 2018
- Top 10 Highest Paid FC Barcelona Player
- FC Barcelona transfers list 2018
- Real Madrid transfers list 2018
Italy and Serie A transfers and salaries:
France and Ligue 1 transfers and salaries:
Germany and Bundesliga transfers and salaries:
Table of Contents