Biggest defeats in Champions League history – 5+ goals
The biggest loss in Champions League history? Biggest defeat in Champions League in all history? Biggest aggregate loss in the Champions League? What is the biggest loss in a Champions League match ever? Who has lost with the biggest margin in the Champions League? Biggest defeats in Champions League history? Watch & Bet Football Here =>
Biggest defeats in Champions League history
Champions League is the biggest rivalry in world football, in fact in the world of sports. The match draws over 500 million viewers around the world making one of the most watched football games in world. Apart from the World Cup final, it is the biggest game in world football.
Originally Champions League match matches which were held in the Spanish championship but nowadays it has been generalized to every single match between the two giants. The two clubs are among the richest and the most successful clubs in the world. In 2014, Forbes ranked the two the most valuable clubs in the world.
Real Madrid and Barcelona alongside Athletic Bilbao are the only clubs to have never been relegated from La Liga. Also, have a look at the:
- Top Goal Scorers In Champions League History
- LIST: Worst Champions League-eleven since the Millennium
- Top-10 Biggest Premier League wins
Biggest defeats in Champions League history
What is the biggest defeat in Champions League? FC Barcelona have played a total of 265 matches which includes, 232 competitive matches and 33 exhibition matches. Real Madrid leads the head to head results in competitive matches with 93 wins to Barcelona’s 90 wins. Below is a summary of all competitive matches.
The biggest loss in Champions League came in 1943 in the Copa Del Rey when the Los Blanco thrashed FC Barcelona 11-0 on 13 June, 1943. The second biggest loss was another Real Madrid in 1935 which ended 8-2 in a La Liga fixture
Most goals scored in Champions League
Real Madrid leads the head to head results in most goals scored in Champions League with 390 goals to Barcelona’s 376 goals wins. Below is a summary of all goals made in the 231 competitive Champions League matches.
Most losses in Champions League history – all games included
Who has the most wins in Champions League – FC Barcelona or Real Madrid? Below you can see who won the most Champions League games. 265 Champions League matches have been played (232 competitive matches and 33 exhibition matches).
Biggest defeats in Champions League ever
Biggest loss in Champions League ever? Here is the list of the Biggest defeats in Champions League (5+ Goals). Lets have a look at the Biggest defeats in Champions League history.
The following teams won a single match by ten goals or more in the preliminary rounds of the European Cup:
Biggest defeats in Champions League
- Dinamo București beat Crusaders 11–0 in 1973–74
- Feyenoord beat KR Reykjavík 12–2 in 1969–70
- Manchester United beat Anderlecht 10–0 in 1956–57
- Ipswich Town beat Floriana 10–0 in 1962–63
- Benfica beat Stade Dudelange 10–0 in 1965–66
- Leeds United beat Lyn 10–0 in 1969–70
- Borussia Mönchengladbach beat EPA Larnaca 10–0 in 1970–71
- Ajax beat Omonia 10–0 in 1979–80
The biggest defeat in Champions League history was Dinamo București beat Crusaders with 11–0 in Champions League 1973–74 season. The 11-0 is the largets margin of a deafeat in Champions League history.
The biggest margin of victory in the current Champions League format is 10–0:
- HJK Helsinki beat Bangor City in the second qualifying round in 2011–12
Biggest defeat in Champions League group stage
The biggest margin of loss after the preliminary rounds in either competition is 8–0:
- Real Madrid beat Sevilla in the quarter-final in 1957–58
- Liverpool beat Beşiktaş in the group stage in 2007–08
- Real Madrid beat Malmö FF in the group stage in 2015–16
Biggest loss in Champions League knockout stage
The biggest margin of loss in the knockout stage in the current Champions League format is 7–0:
- Bayern Munich beat Basel in the first knockout round in 2011–12
- Bayern Munich beat Shakhtar Donetsk in the first knockout round in 2014–15
Biggest loss in Champions League semi final
Biggest two leg defeats in Champions League history
- Benfica holds the overall record by beating Stade Dudelange 18–0 in the preliminary round in 1965–66. They beat the Luxembourgers by 8–0 and 10–0
- As for the group stage, record belongs to Shakhtar Donetsk, who beat BATE Borisov 12–0 (7–0 away, 5–0 at home) in 2014–15. Including the preliminary rounds, HJK Helsinki holds the Champions League era record by beating Bangor City 13–0 (3–0, 10–0) in 2011–12
- Bayern Munich holds the biggest margin of overall home and away result in the Champions League era in play-off. They beat Sporting CP 12–1 (5–0, 7–1) in the round of 16 in 2008–09.
- Real Madrid holds the record for the Biggest loss in a quarter-final, beating Sevilla 10–2 (8–0, 2–2) in 1957–58. During the Champions League era, Bayern Munich holds the record by beating Kaiserslautern 6–0 (2–0, 4–0) in 1998–99.
- Eintracht Frankfurt holds the record for the Biggest loss in a semi-final, beating Rangers 12–4 (6–1, 6–3) in 1959–60. During the Champions League era, Bayern Munich holds the record by beating Barcelona 7–0 (4–0, 3–0) in 2012–13.
Biggest loss in Champions League final
The biggest margin of loss in a final is four goals:
- Real Madrid beat Eintracht Frankfurt 7–3 in 1959–60
- Bayern Munich beat Atlético Madrid 4–0 in 1973–74 (replay)
- Milan beat Steaua București 4–0 in 1988–89
- Milan beat Barcelona 4–0 in 1993–94
Biggest loss in Champions League?
Champions League biggest loss? Biggest defeat of Real Madrid against Barcelona? Real Madrid have lost on the 1 november 1913 with the score result 7-0 to rival’s FC Barcelona
Champions League biggest loss?
Champions League biggest loss? Biggest loss of Real Madrid against Barcelona? Real Madrid has won the highest Champions League win on the 13 June 1943 with the result 11-1.
That is the highest winning of Champions League in all history. That is also the biggest Champions League win with a stunning margin of 10 goals. Watch & Bet Football Here =>
- Real Madrid Squad, Team, All Players 2022
- Top 10 Jose Mourinho Scapegoats
- Worst managers in Premier League history!
- LIST: Biggest El Clasico Wins & Losses – 5+ Goals Defeats
- 10 Most Successful Managers in Champions League History
- List of Players With Most Champions League Appearances